In 2017 ARA improved its diversity by not only increasing the number of female employees but by also acquiring 49% of CMC Indigenous Services (CMCIS). This acquisition formed part of the CMC Property Services acquisition. The other 51% of CMCIS is owned by Michael O’Loughlin, the former Sydney Swans star player, and now ARA’s business partner.
CMCIS is certified by Supply Nation which means it is part of a strong and growing network of leading organisations that support Indigenous businesses and supplier diversity.
CMCIS has quickly evolved into a top supplier of commercial cleaning services as evidenced by CMCIS being awarded the Certified Supplier of the Year Award at the 2017 Supply Nation Supplier Diversity Awards in May 2017. The award, held during Supply Nation’s Connect Expo, recognised CMCIS as having created a prosperous, vibrant and sustainable Indigenous business.
As we integrate CMC Indigenous Services into the ARA Group, we will change the name to ARA Indigenous Services (ARAIS) allowing for the initiative to be integrated into all our Divisions. This is a unique organic growth opportunity and will ensure that all ARA services can participate in the Federal Government’s Indigenous Procurement Policy.