ARA Indigenous services, in conjunction with ARA Electrical, is nearing completion of the regional rail project at the Mindyarra Maintenance Centre. Many of ARA’s customers are looking for meaningful Indigenous engagement in Australia. ARA works to integrate our various services and installation capabilities with ARA Indigenous Services, who has delivered many major contracts in conjunction with ARA Divisions.
The Mindyarra Maintenance Centre is being built to service a new fleet of trains that run on both diesel and overhead DC. Listed below are the products and services that ARA Electrical has supplied and installed:
- HV equipment including: Switchrooms (manufactured by JBM Power), 11kV Switchgear and Protection Panels, Ground Mounted Kiosks, 11kV cabling, poles, transformers (11kV/415V and 11kV/1200V rectifier)
- 1500V DC equipment including: Rectifier, 1500VDC switchgear, control panels
- Furrer and Frey 1500V retractable overhead system
- LV equipment including: Switchboards, distribution boards, lighting, lighting control, power (GPO’s and isolators), UPS system, standby generator, cable ladder
- Communications equipment: fibre optic cabling, network switches, wireless access point, data cabling, PA system including amps, servers, speakers and associated cabling.
Other ARA divisions involved in the project.
ARA Mechanical provides HVAC and mechanical services and has more than 20 years’ experience in design, installation, and maintenance, as well as building management systems (BMS).
ARA Mechanical was responsible for the supply and installation equipment. They supplied the following:
- Fans including diesel and smoke exhaust.
- Mechanical switchboards
- Cassette units
- Chilled water pipework
Environmental Automation, a feature business of ARA Mechanical installed the Building Management System (BMS) including all required hardware, servers, monitors and cabling.
ARA Security is an innovative integrator of electronic security services providing high-quality integrated security and locksmith solutions to the largest clients across Australia and New Zealand.
ARA Security was responsible for the supply and installation of CCTV systems. This included:
- CCTV Cameras
- Display Monitors
- Access Control
- Card Readers
ARA Indigenous Services, employed local Indigenous labour to support the project. The overriding goal of the ARA Group is to ensure Indigenous employment reflects the percentage of Indigenous people in the Australian community.